Method 2: Update Garmin GPS from different Sources
You can update Garmin GPS on your own with the help of other sources. If you get any difficulties in doing so, then make an instant connection with tech-savvy. Here are desired possible steps by which you can update the software. Therefore, instead of wandering, just look at these noted points:
• First of all, open your web browser and go to Garmin’s official website by clicking its URL
• Now, choose the “Generic Routable” button as your map type
• In this section, you can either choose a Pre-defined country or build a customized map
• In “Pre-defined Country”, pick a country as per your choice and then download the file by clicking on the “Download map now” link. This process will begin to download the file and then there will be a description that will pop up
• In “Building a Customized Map” section, click the “Enable tile selection” then using the map, use the up and down arrows and the zoom in, zoom out buttons to click on the tiles you want. After doing that, you can request your map
• After requesting, you will receive two emails, the first one will tell you that your map is processing and will send a link where you can check its status. After that you will get the second email will be a link where you can download your map easily.
• Now you have to move the downloaded map on the SD card of your Garmin in separate Garmin folder. Now, return the SD card into the Garmin device
• To set up map, turn on the device and then find and click “setup” file. Look for the “map” and open it. Click on the “Map Information” button, glimpse for the map you want to use and select it.